The ECW has provided and served at many functions to enhance the life and ministry of our Church Family. Fundraising has been accomplished to support our church needs and for our outreach projects. The ECW meets on the first Saturday of every month at Noon with a potluck luncheon followed by the business meeting. The ECW is involved in numerous activities which support their desire to love and serve God. Some of the activities include:
- Sunshine – Sends birthday cards and cards to shut-in’s and those who are ill.
- Pennies – Money that is given for birthdays or anniversaries which is donated to Project Help.
- Labels – Box and can labels are collected and given to local schools.
- Cans – Cans are recycled and the money collected is used to support church projects.
- Prayer Shawls – Women pray as they crochet shawls that are given to those who are ill.
- Knives & Bean Soup– Rada knives and packets of bean soup are sold in order to raise funds for the ECW.
The ECW supports specific projects:
- Brinton Elementary School – We provide school supplies to the local elementary school.
- Project Help – Project HELP is a program within the Apache Junction Unified School District designed to meet the needs of students whose economic/environmental condition may affect their general welfare and opportunity to attain educational success. We provide back to school supplies for those who may not be able to get them otherwise.
- Apache Junction Food Bank – Food is collected weekly and taken to the Apache Junction food band to feed those in need.
- CAAFA: Community Alliance Against Family Abuse (CAAFA) is a community oriented organization that saves lives and prevents violence. We provide donations that will be used to support their clients’ needs.