Church of the Transfiguration elects three vestry members each year. The members serve for a three year term. Our current vestry consists of the following individuals who have provided briefs biographies of themselves.
- Steve Dingle Steve Dingle has been attending the Church of the Transfiguration for a little over one year, and since joining our community has been very active in being both a reader and serving at chalice at the 8:00 am service. He has also been involved in the design and building of the stained glass windows that we have had posted on the narthex doors. Steve is a second generation Arizonan, and has been married 40 years and has two children. He has a life long interest in theology and bible, and looks forward to retirement in a few years from his duties as a psychiatrist and a medical director to devote more time to church activities. His other interests include music, woodworking, electronics, and dancing! Steve is the chief medical officer for the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners for the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Steve Lazlo
- Lynn Whayne Graff I grew up in the Episcopal Church and have been active in a number of ways: Altar Guild, ECW, Daughters of the King, EFM, Sunday School, Choir, Handbells, Vestry and the Chili Pepper Farm. For the past 12 years I have lived full time in Arizona, attending St. Mark's then the Church of the Transfiguration. My work was with University campus housing in Kentucky, Texas, and Arizona, serving as a Residence Hall Director, Coordinator of Residence Hall Programs, and Director of Housing. In those positions I worked closely with students, of different ages and backgrounds, and supervised staff, both student and full time staff. My responsibilities included overseeing the hiring and training of staff, coordinating programs, work schedules, evaluations, and dealing with problems concerning people or facilities, implementing the housing assignment and move-in process for students as well as special groups, and coordinating with other university offices and services as needed. After leaving the housing field in 2006, I enjoyed learning a whole new line of work by becoming a barista at a coffee shop in Gold Canyon, and served as assistant manager while working there for about 5 years. I left the work force to become a full time care giver for my husband until he passed away.
- Elena Little My husband Larry and I moved to Apache Junction from Checotah, Oklahoma in December 2010. Elena is a Certified Fraud Examiner with a compliance background in banking, non-profit, and healthcare industries, currently employed as an Investigative Researcher for Humana's Special Investigations Unit. She enjoys listening to music and watching cooking shows on the Food Network, but her greatest joy in life is keeping up with the lives of her grandchildren, aged 20 to due in August 2016.
- Pat Gutsch I enjoy writing, painting, photography, travel and interacting with a variety of people.
- Meg Stresen-Reuter Meg is a full-time resident who works as a speech-language pathologist. Originally from Illinois, she has lived in Arizona a total of 25 years, and loved every minute of it! Her favorite things include singing in choirs, enjoying nature, and playing with her dogs.
- Eileen Chandler
- Dea Podhajsky I have been attending the Church of the Transfiguration for four years. Before moving to Arizona, I lived and taught in Washington. Along with being on vestry, I manage the church's web and Facebook page. I Walk on Wednesdays and lead the book discussion group. The trip my husband Lee and I took to Honduras with other church members to El Hogar in Hoduras was a life altering experience. Tutoring refugees and travel are my passions.
- Ruby Seyffert
2017 Wardens and Officers:
- Bobbie Lafford, Senior Warden
- Don Strachota, Junior Warden
- Joan Crossman, Treasurer
- Ann Williamson, Clerk
Clergy and Staff:
- The Reverend Bob Saik, Rector
- The Reverend Dan Herron, Deacon
- Gary Quamme, Minister of Music
- Sarah Mihail, Director of Children’s Ministry
- Linda Ostmeyer, Office Manager