Vestry Minutes August
Episcopal Church of Transfiguration Mesa, AZ
August 11, 2020
- Call to order
The meeting was called to Order by Fr. Bob Saik.
- Roll call
The following vestry members were in attendance: Heidi Kinney, Catherine Schuyler, , Pam Mack Jo Laslo, Karl Shepstead , Bob Wilk. Also, in attendance were Bob Saik, Rector, Lynn Graff, Senior Warden and Pat Mack, Junior Warden. The meeting was conducted via Zoom.
he minutes of the July14, 2020 meeting were approved.
- Financial Reports (previously distributed) were discussed.
- Father Bob highlighted the following:
- Payroll Protection Plan money will be used to fund salaries, and Rector’s pension and medical insurance
- Because of changes in the guidelines related to Payroll Protection Plan money there was an overpayment to the diocese.
- Pledge contributions are close to the budget amount. Visitor and plate revenues are down. The Payroll Protection Plan money has compensated for this loss of revenue.
- The line item for office phone includes internet services.
- Fire protection is a yearly expense. Refuse is a quarterly expense.
- Our Fund Balances fluctuate based on the stock market.
- The financial report was approved subject to audit.
- Reports from Ministries
- Women’s Ministry Report was included in packet.
- Social Media Report was included in packet.
- Junior Warden Report: Pat Mack
- Weekly and monthly maintenance was completed.
- The installation of touchless fixtures has been completed.
- The installation of the sign on University and Mountain is complete.
- Sheds for the ECW were investigated with Jo Laslo, ECW, and Fr Bob Saik.
- The ramp to the parish house will be repaired using steel.
- Senior Warden’s Report was given by Lynn Graff who commended everyone who is working hard to keep the church vibrant.
- Rector’s Reflections was given by Fr. Bob Saik
- The time off discussed at the Ju;y meeting was taken.
- Although the number of Covid cases is decreasing no new directions from the Bishop have been given.
- The Deanery will meet to discuss virtual stewardship drives.
- A review of the package deliveries to parishioners for the Feast of Transfiguration was given. Thanks were given to all who worked on the project. Vestry members who delivered packages said that the deliveries had gone smoothly, and people were appreciative. Fr Saik said that positive responses had been received by him and the office staff.
- Farewell to Gordon Noyes: Gordon will be moving to Massachusetts in August. He was thanked for his service on the vestry.
- Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned.
Minutes submitted by Dea Podhajsky
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.