The Church of the Transfiguration is very active in outreach. Our members of the church share their time, talent, and gifts with those in need. You are invited to support these various ministries. Some of the outreach that we support is listed below:
- Brinton Elementary School – We provide school supplies to the local elementary school. We also have an angel tree at Christmas to provide gifts for numerous children whose families don’t have the means to provide gifts for them.
- Project Help – An Apache Junction Unified School District program designed to meet the needs of students whose economic condition may affect their general welfare and opportunity to attain educational success. We provide school supplies and backpacks to those in need.
- Apache Junction Food Bank – Food is collected weekly and taken to the Apache Junction Food Bank to feed those in need.
- Chile Garden - Our parishioners grow and process chile peppers from our garden and sell them to fund church outreach including food, scholarships and refugee support.
- CAAFA - Community Alliance Against Family Abuse is a community oriented organization that saves lives and prevents violence. Our donations support the needs of their clients.
- Million Meals – Our community supports several food bank distribution agencies such as Genesis Project, Wings of Hope, Apache Junction Reachout and CAAFA.
- Boys and Girls Club of East Valley - We provide financial support for the after school programs for children.
- El Hogar Elementary School - We support a family of three children attending El Hogar Elementary School in Honduras. These children live in this safe environment and get an education with skills that will allow them to become employed upon graduation.
Last modified on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 23:00
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.